Federal Agency: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Description: The ReConnect Program is a broadband pilot program that offers federal loans, grants, and combinations thereof (i.e. 100% loans, 50% loan/grant combinations, and 100% grants) to facilitate broadband deployment in rural areas. ReConnect loans and grants provide funds for the costs of construction, improvement, or acquisition of facilities and equipment needed to provide broadband service to rural areas without sufficient broadband access, defined as 10 Mbps) downstream and 1 Mbps upstream.
- States, local governments, or any agency, subdivision, instrumentality, or political subdivision thereof
- A territory or possession of the United States
- An Indian tribe (as defined in section 4 of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act – 25 U.S.C. 450b)
- Non-profit entities
- For-profit corporations
- Limited liability companies
- Cooperative or mutual organizations
- Construction or improvement of buildings, land, and other facilities that are required to provide broadband service
- Pre-application expenses
- Acquisition and improvement of an existing system that is currently providing insufficient broadband service
- Terrestrial-based facilities that support the provision of satellite broadband service.
Award ceiling (MAX):
- 100% grant – $25 million
- 50% loan / 50% grant – $25 million (loan) and $25 million grant
- 100% loan – $50 million
Award floor (MIN): N/A
Funding availability: $600 million*
*The CARES Act includes an additional $100 million for this program. USDA will release new guidance for this funding at a later date.
Application cycle: January 31 – April 15, 2020*
*This round of funding only includes annual appropriations for the program and does not include the additional $100 million included in the CARES Act. USDA will release new guidance for this funding at a later date.
The proposed service area must meet the following criteria:
- Lack sufficient access to broadband
- Be in a rural area
Check out the eligibility area map!
More information: www.usda.gov/reconnect
Who can tell me more?
To apply: Visit HERE